Monday, June 16, 2014

Marvin-UR040 - Detroit Mix 30



My name is David Peacock, my dj name is Marvin-UR040 I first got into dance music as a clubber in the early 90's going to Raves up and down the country and spending alot of time in clubs in the North East of England. In 1995 I became interested in djing and started buying records, soon after I bought some dj equipment and started learning how to mix. It was 1999 when I decided to enter one of my techno mixtapes in the Bedroom Bedlam competion of Muzik Magazine, the tape won and I was featured in the magazine. In the time between winning Bedroom Bedlam in 1999 and 2005 I continued entering competions as well as playing in bars and clubs, in 2001 a tech house cd came second in the Reader mixes section of IDJ magazine, then in 2003 a techno cd came 5th again in IDJ magazine which I then won in 2005 now called Raw Talent. In 2011 Underground Resistance advertised for new dj's so I applied and was successfull I was then given the number 040.
The type of music I play is mostly house, techno, or electro from the 90's to now with an emphasis on Detroit, I also play a slower minimal set but since being given the number 040 (Underground Resistance) I try and play Detroit influenced music.





Tracklisting
Jeff Mills - Roots
Sender Berlin - Track Title Unknown
Carl Craig - Demented Drums
The Martian - Wardance
DJ Rolando - Aztec Mystic
Matthew Dear - Wav Pool
Dub Kult - Title Unknown
Sean Colt - Phonkmaker
JT Donaldson - All I Want
Mark Williams - London Calling
Jamie Bissmire - First Sighting
Bryan Zentz - The Crawl
Extec - Title Unknown
Patrick Dubois - Condensed
Leandro Gamez - Este Ritmo
Oliver Ho - Organic Synthetic

No comments: