Sunday, June 29, 2014
Gabriele Mancino - process part 378
Born in Palermo in 1981, fascinated by house music and vinyl, Gabriele Mancino buys his first Turntable in 1999. In the same period he starts to working into his best friend’s record shop where he can discover many types of new musical genres wich will be fondamental for the creation of his dj set, spacing from deep-house and nu-funk to tecno-Detroit.
From there he starts his first experiences as Dj in gigs as: Zwischenraum festival (Berlin), Sottomarino giallo (Mi), Binario 1 (Mi), Motorshow festival (Bo), Vola (Ct), Zo (Ct), Native (Me), Movid@ (Pa), Pascia’ (Tp), Grog (Cl), Black out (Cl), Wintercase festival(Pa). In 2002 spins the vinyls in the after-party of Jamiroquai’s concert in Catania and in 2010 is selected for the national event Elettrowave challenge.
He starts to work as producer in 2008 for the italian label Recline under the name “MAH!” also remixed by Francesco Farfa. At the moment he works with differents indipendent labels like Sincopat, Sleep is commercial, Multi Vitamins, Caramella, Yulia. and for some projects with Ricky Montanari, Uglh and Avenir.
[Sincopat - Metroline Ltd - Sleep is Commercial]
For demos and any booking/remix enquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
01. Schaa – By the end (Archipel)
02. Faded & Trippy Soul – Sunset (Trin records)
03. Yourayo – Blueprint (Fabric)
04. Dan Ghenacia – Ometeo (Apollonia)
05. Marc Romboy & Bajika – Reciprocity_Tevo Howard rmx (Rebirth)
06. Phiorio – Superpupider (Metroline ltd)
07. Thomas A.S. - Devotion_Argenis Brito rmx (Medicine Musique)
08. Gabriele Mancino – …...
09. Alex Smoke – GreenMan (R&S)
10. Egal 3 – Icxperiment (Soun d of Vast)
11. Cortney Tidwell - Don't let stars keep us tangled up_Sei A rmx (R&S)
12. Guido Schneider & Andre Galluzzi – Too late to land feat. Florian Schirmacher (Cocoon)
13. Joy Wellboy – Before the Sunrise_Dixon rmx (B-Pitch control)
14. Delano Smith – Invitation Only reconstructed by Tobias (Pariter)
15. Hatikvah – Not gonna leave you (Danza Macabra)
Modyfier is an Artist’s platform: it’s an idea acting as energy, it’s an experiment in accrual (as a collection), it’s an attitude that rides creativity and freedom. The Process Series relies on referral as people who participate each suggest someone else, creating its form, shifting in directions I would not be able to steer alone.
Matthew Barney once said this about his early ‘Drawing Restraint’ work that really struck me: “I was thinking about how the body functions in training – how the muscle breaks down under resistance and then heals larger and stronger. I was trying to use that process of resistance to create form.”