Saturday, September 07, 2013

Marvin-UR040 ** Detroit Mix 23 / Interstellar Fugitives




My name is David Peacock, my dj name is Marvin-UR040 I first got into dance music as a clubber in the early 90's going to Raves up and down the country and spending alot of time in clubs in the North East of England. In 1995 I became interested in djing and started buying records, soon after I bought some dj equipment and started learning how to mix. It was 1999 when I decided to enter one of my techno mixtapes in the Bedroom Bedlam competion of Muzik Magazine, the tape won and I was featured in the magazine. In the time between winning Bedroom Bedlam in 1999 and 2005 I continued entering competions as well as playing in bars and clubs, in 2001 a tech house cd came second in the Reader mixes section of IDJ magazine, then in 2003 a techno cd came 5th again in IDJ magazine which I then won in 2005 now called Raw Talent. The type of music I play is mostly house or techno from the 90's to now with an enphasis on Detroit, I also play a slower minimal set but since being given the number 040 (Underground Resistance) I try and play Detroit influenced music.





+++ tracklist +++

Stasis / Smooth Emotion
DJ Bone / Effects Of Change
Drexciya / Journey Home
Seldom Seen / Slide
Drexciya / Rubicks Cube
Cybotron / Clear
Alden Tyrell / Obsession
UR / Quadrasonic
Model 500 / Outer Space (vocal mix)
Laurent Garnier / Crispy Bacon (AUX 88 mix)
UR / Kill My Radio Station
D.I.E. / The Men You'll Never See
Drexciya / Lardossen Funk
M.I.A. / Schoolcraft Bump
UR / Technology Gap (vocals by Atlantis)
Remote / Protecting My Hive
The Aquanaughts / Spawn (Genetic Continuation mix)
Cybotron / Alleys Of Your Mind



+++ tracklist +++

Nomadico / Angor Wat
Drexciya / Aquatacizem
Chamaleon / Thought 2
The Aquanaughts / Crackzilla
UR / Negative Evolution
The Infiltrator / Mindsweeper
DJ Rolando / Mi Raza
The Unknown Soldier / Babylons Gifts
The Suburban Knight / Maroon
The Deacon / Multi Dimensional Drama
The Deacon / Soul Saver
Chaos / Afrogermanic
UR / Nannytown
Perception / Mirage
Mad Mike / Moor Horseman On Bolarus 5
The Suburban Knight / Moonrays

+++ link +++





No comments: